The Victorious Valley Homes are a ministry of the Victorious Valley Baptist Church. Our pastor is Bro. Jason Casey who is also the director of the Homes. The Home was started in 1988 by Bro. Johnny McGill and his wife, Mrs. Susan McGill.
The McGill’s began taking girls into their home in 1988 while at Trinity Baptist Church. Little did they know what God had in store! In July of 1991 while under Pastor Jerry Clark as youth director at Freedom Baptist Church in Greenville, South Carolina, Bro. McGill surrendered to have a girls home. In an old farmhouse with one bathroom, they began to bring girls in. It was known as McGill Girls’ Home. They took in twenty girls while in that 100 year old farmhouse.
In April of 1994 the Lord moved this ministry to Sunset, South Carolina. There the Lord gave us 40 acres of land with a beautiful lake in the center. The Victorious Valley Baptist Church was started in 1996. At this time the name of the home was changed to Victorious Valley Home for Girls. In January of 2000 we started taking in boys, so the name was changed to Victorious Valley Homes. Today there are approximately 60 people living at Victorious Valley. Over the years the Homes have expanded from 2,200 square feet on 2.8 acres of land to 33,400 square feet on 44 acres of land. To God Be The Glory!
Our Pastor, Bro. Jason Casey came to work with the Home in January 2000, working directly under Bro. McGill and married the McGills oldest daughter, Nikki, in February 2002. Since then Bro. Casey has become Pastor and Director of Victorious Valley Homes Baptist Church and Home.
If You have any questions or concerns regarding the church or home please contact Bro. Casey at 864-878-3070.
- Our first objective is to encourage each child to accept the free gift of salvation through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- Our second objective is to help them develop a sincere desire to study the Word of God. 2 Timothy 2:15 instructs us to “study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.” This will increase their desire to learn not only Biblical principles, but also life principles that go hand in hand with a Christ- centered life. We believe that a person who is willing to learn morals and to learn that there are absolutes in this life is well on the way to becoming an upstanding citizen.
- Our third objective of our program is to work with the child and their family to establish a Biblical relationship between parent and child. In Ephesians 6:1-4, the Word of God explains how this should be done.
- Our fourth objective is to motivate each child to achieve academic grade level with respect to her capabilities. Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.”
- Our fifth objective is to train each young person to be a godly productive Christian, useful and capable in whatever area the Lord may call them.